Week 9 Space and Art

 Week 9 Space and Art 

May 30, 2024


    In my opinion, I felt like Professor Vesna explained space as” a place where it comes altogether” lecture. Professor Vesna Talked about mathematics, nanotechnology, advanced  Technology and the other topics that we talked about throughout the quarter On how it all comes together. I feel that all the topics that we talked about throughout the quarter makes more sense, that is a frequent area than the other subjects that we learn in the quarter.



    On the other hand, in my opinion, I think that space sometimes has an overload on art which makes the audience have an expectation which is not met. Some people might think about the stars and how the planets are all part of art and in general anything that goes on in space but the more you look into it it requires that astronomy has to use cautious techniques in order to reveal images that are in space. So this means that the images that we see in space are aligned and use wavelengths that you can’t see, sometimes enabling us to see the galaxies and the nebulas with our eyes. This made me disappointed that I wanted to see the images with my naked eye but it still amuses me that the types of art and things we learn throughout the quarter about space is still amazing.


    



On the bright side, it was very cool to see if a piece of artwork was sent to space in 1993. The purpose of his launch was to amuse the people that were in the crew, which is known as the cosmic dancer ( one of the first three dimensional artwork in space) I’m moving on. I want to see more amazing artwork and how art changes throughout history and into the future.

Work Cited

“CCAD Packard Library: Core Principles – Art and Design: Space & Composition.” Space & Composition - CORE Principles – Art and Design - CCAD Packard Library at Columbus College of Art & Design, ccad.libguides.com/coreprinciples/space. Accessed 30 May 2024.

“Art and Science - NASA Science.” NASA, NASA, science.nasa.gov/engage/art-and-science/. Accessed 30 May 2024.

Esaak, Shelley. “The Element of Space in Artistic Media.” ThoughtCo, ThoughtCo, 30 May 2019, www.thoughtco.com/definition-of-space-in-art-182464.

“How to Use Space in Art: 3 Applications of Space in Art - 2024.” MasterClass, www.masterclass.com/articles/space-in-art-explained. Accessed 30 May 2024.

“NASA Art Program.” Homepage, 5 Aug. 2021, airandspace.si.edu/explore/stories/nasa-art-program.

Comments

  1. I think your opinion on space having an overload on art is interesting because I had never thought it in that sense. I think that, because there is so much that is unknown about space, the imagery that we see related to space intrigues many people. As we continue to develop technology that expands our view and understanding of space, having imagery that helps visualize these new-found discoveries can be very important in disseminating information and for public awareness. I personally really enjoy looking at space imagery and I think it'll be interesting to see how this imagery looks like in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciated your perspective about how Dr. Vesna described space as a place that everything can come together. It really made me reflect on the class as a whole and see how everything can apply to space + art. I also agree that sometimes artistic renditions of space may create a sense of mystification that isn't replicable with the human eye because we can't see the same as the dramatic representations, however I hope that with the development of new space exploration society will start to see more realistic space and use that as new inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Two Cultures

Week 8 Nanotechnology and Art